Sunday, August 21, 2011

Awesome sailing today.

Today saw the last 2 races of the Pakuranga Sailing Club winter series.

The weather was fantastic, with about 10 knots of wind straight down the channel, flat water, and moderate temperatures. Long wetsuits were ideal.

The race management was very good, with a well conducted briefing, good simple courses, and great prizes awarded at the end, for both place-getters, and a few by lucky dip.

There was a good fleet of sunbursts ( If I'd realised that earlier, I would have brought one of those over instead of my Laser ) and a good fleet of Scout Cutters, with a handful of other boats thrown in for good measure.

I think it ranks as the best bit of club sailing I've been involved with for some time.

Action on the water was fiercely contested, with some great battles in both fleets. I also spotted a few boats touching bottom in the shallow water near the clubhouse, trying to gain a tiny advantage.

It was great to see another club trying to build our sport, through grass roots level, and helping to increase participation.

Thank you PSC, respect is definitely yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment